Ryan Hall Biography
- 2012 - 2nd Place. 2012 Olympic Marathon Trials at Houston (2:09:30)
- 2011 - 5th Place. 2011 Chicago Marathon (2:08:04)
- 2011 - 4th Place. 2011 Boston Marathon (2:04:58)
- 2011 - 2nd Place. 2011 USA Half Marathon Championship (1:02:20)
- 2010 - 4th Place. 2010 Boston Marathon (2:08:40)
- 2009 - 4th Place. 2009 ING NYC Marathon (2:10:36)
- 2008 - 10th Place. 2008 Marathon - Summer Olympics (2:12:33) in Beijing, China
- 2007 - 1st Place, 2008 U.S. Olympic Team Trials Marathon (2:09:02) in New York City, United States
- 2007 - U.S. Half Marathon Record Holder (59:43). Aramco Houston Half Marathon in Houston, Texas
- 2006 - U.S. 20K Record Holder (57:54). Inaugural IAAF World Road Running Championships in Debrecen, Hungary
- 2006 - U.S. Half Marathon Champion
- 2006 - 1st place at the USA Cross Country Championships (12K)
- 2005 - NCAA Men's Outdoor Track and Field Championship 5000m
- Marathon - 2:04:58
- Half Marathon - 59:43 (AR)
- 20km - 57:54 (NR)
- 10,000m - 28:07.93
- 5,000m - 13:16.0
How did you start in your sport?
When I was 13 years old running around the lake in my hometown, Big Bear Lake, CA
What does a typical training day look like?
I train every morning and then do gym work in the afternoon. I typically run between 8-25 miles a day. Running is a lifestyle so all parts of my day are runner-friendly clean living.
What keeps you passionate about your sport?
I love the body that God created and I love to see the potential it holds. I still believe I am far from realizing my potential for the marathon but I intend to find out.
What continues to drive you forward?
What made you realize you had made it?
I think when I ran under an hour for the half marathon I realized I had found my niche. It took years to figure out where my true potential was.
I love fishing, reading, cooking, playing with my dogs, watching movies, stand up paddleboarding, and drinking high quality coffee.