Shadrack Biwott Biography
How did you start in your sport?
I got started with running when I was young. My older brothers ran professionally all over the world. One day, I asked for a pair of training shoes because I wanted to run like them. I have been running ever since.
What does a typical training day look like?
My typical day varies from day to day. Sometimes I have 10 miles in the morning and 4-6 miles in the afternoon, other days I only have one run of 10-15 miles. The long run at the end of the week is a staple.
What keeps you passionate about your sport?
My older brother has run 2:04.27 for the marathon and he has been my inspiration. I train every day trying to better my PR. When I see what my brother has ran for the marathon, it gives me hope that if I work hard and smart, I should achieve the same results.
What continues to drive you forward?
My family drives me forward. I want to do the very best so that when my kids are older they will have something to look up to. I want to inspire my son Xavier and my daughter Eve, so that they can acheive everything they put their heart into.
What made you realize you had made it?
I remember when I ran New Orleans Rock n Roll Half Marathon in 2010 against the late Olympic marathon champion Samuel Wanjiru and the best marathoners in the world at that time and I ran with them all the way until the last mile. After the race, they told me that I had a lot of talent and I can acheive what they had acheived. That made me realize that I had made it as a pro.
Being with my family
- 2014 USA Half Marathon Championships (1:01:56) 7TH
- 2013 RRCA National Road Runner of the Year
- 2013 USARC Champion (USA Running Circuit Overall Champion)
- 2013 Houston Half Marathon (1:02:23) 3rd place
- 2012 New York City Half Marathon (1:03:01)
- 2012 Rock & Roll New Orleans Half Marathon Champion
- 2011 Los Angeles Marathon 7th place
- 2010 New York City Half Marathon (1:01:52) 5th place
- 2010 Bermuda Race Weekend Half Marathon, 10k, & Mile Champion
- 2010 Healthy Kidney 10k (28:58) 10th place
- 2010 Rock & Roll New Orleans Half Marathon (1:01:40) 3rd place 4x NCAA Division I All-American Cross Country/Track & Field
- 2009 NCAA 4 x Mile Record (16:03.24)
- 2007 Pac-10 Conference Cross Country Champion
- 2007 PAC-10 Conference Athlete of The Year – Cross Country