Defining ASICS Spirit
ASICS SPIRIT is based on our founder Onitsuka-san’s values. Onitsuka-san told his staff that “Sportsmanship” is the principle by which he lives. As ASICS team members, we work for sport-minded consumers in a sport-minded industry, so we ourselves should understand the value of sport, and should demonstrate Sportsmanship in everything we do.
Day to day, these are the values that guide us:
- We respect rules - it's our responsibility to everyone, from our competitors to our customers.
- We are courteous - we're appreciative and fair to all that hold a stake in our company.
- We are persistent - we stop at never to provide the best products for our customers, and are constantly improving to better raise the quality of their athletic pursuits.
- We work as a singular team - Onitsuka-san said, "Company is made of People".
- We are prepared - we always dedicate ourselves to performing our best.
- We learn from failure - making mistakes is a part of being successful.
Top reasons to work at ASICS
A Company with a Philosophy:
- Sana In Corpore Sano = "A sound mind in a sound body."
- Provide premium and beneficial athletic products via sport to all our customers
- Fulfill our social responsibility and help improve conditions for communities around the world
- Share the hard-earned profits we've gained with our shareholders, communities and employees.
- Maintain a spirit of freedom, fairness, discipline, and respect for all individuals
A Company with a Mission:
Our mission is to become the number one brand for the sports enthusiast. To accomplish this, we pledge to continue to make the top of the line products, and always strive to build upon our technological advances. We will constantly push the limits of what we can learn from the human body, and use that information to satisfy its evolving athletic needs. We vow to bring harmony to the body and soul.
A Company with a Vision:
Our vision is to create quality lifestyle through intelligent sport technology. We consistently realize this vision, because our product is the best in its class. We aim to provide innovative values and integrate them to address customer needs. We do this at the Research Institute of Sports Science in Kobe, where scientists, athletes, and coaches work together to constantly create remarkable technological innovations in sports shoes and apparel.
A Company with Values:
- Respect Rules
- Be Courteous
- Be Persistent
- Work as One Team
- Be Prepared
- Learn from Failure
A Company with Growth:
We have committed to a goal of $1.2 B based on the ASICS Growth Plan of 2015. Here in the Americas region, we plan to Stop At Never. Onitsuka-san always went directly to the consumer, to make sure they met their needs. We're determined to keep his legacy alive, so in 2012, we are launching our direct to consumer businesses; retail, outlet, and eCommerce. ASICS American international growth includes a recent acquisition of our Canadian Subsidiary and continued growth in our South American markets of Brazil, Argentina, Peru, and Panama.