* The career opportunity below is for a position with Windsor Financial Group, LLC, which owns and operates certain ASICS branded retail stores. By submitting your resume to the email address below, you accept and acknowledge that you are applying for a position with Windsor Financial Group, and not ASICS.
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include the store location and position title you are applying for in the SUBJECT line.
POSITION SUMMARY STATEMENT
Our Assistant Coach manages all aspects of the day-to-day operations of the store, including sales, customer service, recruiting, training, coaching, profits, and maintaining store standards in the absence of the Head Coach. Supervises and manages all team players, including implementing and enforcing company policies and procedures and corporate directives. Maintains effective corporate office business partner relationships. Establish control-related standards and procedures.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Supports the Head Coach with achieving business results through leading the team, managing the sales floor and ensuring sales plans are achieved.
- Must demonstrate strong product knowledge to effectively train and educate the rest of the team to meet goals.
- In the absence of the Head Coach, supervises and manages store personnel, including implementing and enforcing company policies and procedures and corporate directives.
- Assists the Head Coach with leading the store team and serves as the expert on company culture, store operations, policies & procedures, management and exceptional sales and service skills.
- Responsible for assisting with recruiting staff to meet availability needs of the business and retains talent that will contribute to the growth of the retail business/division.
- Manages controllable expenses to company guidelines and ensures overall profitability targets are met or exceeded.
- Ensures Loss Prevention policies and procedures are followed.
- Assist with financial/sales audits and inventories to protect the store from internal and external shortage.
- Assists with managing payroll and store scheduling within established guidelines to ensure proper coverage based on business needs.
- Supports and executes directives from Visual Merchandising, Operations and Marketing to ensure that information is properly communicated to the store team and that all deliverables are completed within specified deadlines.
- Communicates with Head Coach regarding all employee relations, day to day operations and any compliance related matters.
- Demonstrates high degree of professionalism in communication, attitude and teamwork with customers, peers and management
- Demonstrates high level of quality work, attendance and appearance
- Adheres to all Company Policies & Procedures and Safety Regulations
- Adheres to local, state and federal laws
- Additional responsibilities assigned by supervisor related to your position/department
- Ability to work varied hours, nights, days and weekends to support the business needs.
- Interacts with all levels throughout organization including employees and outside vendors.
- Associate Development
- Business Acumen
- Client Focus
- Decision Making
- Honesty and Integrity
- Results Orientated
- Time Management
- 2+ years retail management experience; sporting or athletic industry preferred
- College Degree Preferred or equivalent work experience
- Good computer skills: Microsoft Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint), and Lotus Notes
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: In general, the following physical demands are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to allow differently-abled individuals to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Standing, walking and squatting the majority of the work shift.
- Ability to climb ladders or stairs.
- Required to lift, move and carry up to 40 pounds.
- Ability to read, count and write to accurately complete all documentation and reports.
- Must be able to see, hear and speak in order to communicate with employees and other customers.
- Specific vision abilities include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Manual dexterity required using hands to finger; handle, feel and type; reach with hands and arms.
Moderate: Mostly standing, walking, bending, frequent lifting
WORK ENVIRONMENT: In general, the following conditions of the work environment are representative of those that an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to allow differently-abled individuals to perform the essential functions of the job within the environment.
- The work space is clean, orderly, properly lighted and ventilated with the proper safety compliance.
- Noise levels are considered moderate.