* The career opportunity below is for a position with Windsor Financial Group, LLC, which owns and operates certain ASICS branded retail stores. By submitting your resume to the email address below, you accept and acknowledge that you are applying for a position with Windsor Financial Group, and not ASICS.
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Include the store location and position title you are applying for in the SUBJECT line.
Merchant/Planner, ASICS Branded Stores
Windsor Financial Group, LLC.
Location: Orange County, CA
ASICS vision is to create quality lifestyle through intelligent sports technology. We consistently realize this vision, because our product is the best in its class – and so are our employees. Due to our tremendous growth we are currently seeking a Buyer/ Planner for WFG branded stores group.
POSITION SUMMARY STATEMENT
Reporting to the President of Retail for Windsor Financial Group, the Merchant / Planner will be responsible for developing and procuring merchandise assortments for the full price branded stores throughout the US, Canada and Puerto Rico. The Retail Merchant will work to create the appropriate merchandise mix based on emerging market trends and planned OTB, along with meeting the assortment strategies established by management.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Analyze sales trends to review and validate inventory requirements; create optimal inventory and sell thru strategies
- Create assortment plans by store that optimize the selling square feet and produce a strong branded story in each store
- Execute a merchandise assortment s that supports the financial and merchandising objectives set by senior management
- Coordinate with cross-functional partners such as Production, Design, Development, as well as outside Alliance
- Manage, direct and order against seasonal bulks
- Drive and direct inventory management in season, ensuring effective decision making around analysis, markdowns and margin goals
- Develop all inventory, markdowns, pricing and promotions along with product entrance and exit strategies for ASICS Retail
- Communicate cross-functionally and cross company with merchandising and budgetary teams to align future opportunities
- Create pre-store opening sales, inventory and merchandising plans
- Develop markdowns and promotions as needed based on trend at a style level, while maintaining margin needs
- Create assortment sheets, update with changes, distribute and communicate changes to appropriate business partners on an ongoing basis
- Evaluate buys at style, class and departmental level against initial plans and determine retail prices for all styles
- Ensure the financial success of area by meeting or exceeding financial targets including sales, GM, GMROI and turn goals
- Provide input in sales forecast and OTB discussions that review sales and inventory against financial goals and recommend changes to future order quantities, deliveries, pricing or markdown strategies
- Develop expert knowledge of customer base by participating in local store visits; Evaluate product execution and point of view
- Participate in weekly cross-functional meetings to share information on current business issues
- Communicate with field to get input on sales, fit, etc. to communicate to management
- Drive sales and margins through internal design, product development and SMU products
- Develop seasonal merchandising strategies based on analysis of risk, opportunity and sales recaps
- Manage overall inventories based on capacity, seasonality, selling and store manager input
- Maintain purchase orders and receipt flow to ensure timely delivery and initial allocation to all retail divisions
- Bachelor’s degree required (in Retail, Fine Arts or a related discipline)
- 3-5 years of buying experience in a specialty retail environment
- Proven track record of success as a Buyer, with strong consideration given to candidates with added experience in Planning and Allocation
- Ability to understand and act upon financial retail indicators such as sales, gross margin, inventory productivity, sell-through and turn
- Ability to effectively communicate with management and team members
- Strong leadership and management capabilities
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to collaborate, work in a fast-paced team environment and effectively manage multiple priorities
- Knowledge of ASICS product desired