* The career opportunity below is for a position with Windsor Financial Group, LLC, which owns and operates certain ASICS branded retail stores. By submitting your resume to the email address below, you accept and acknowledge that you are applying for a position with Windsor Financial Group, and not ASICS.
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Include the store location and position title you are applying for in the SUBJECT line.
POSITION SUMMARY STATEMENT
The Store Manager/Head Coach is responsible for creating and fostering an exceptional Asics brand experience within their store. He / She manages all aspects of the day-to-day operations of the store, including driving sales, customer experience, recruiting, people management. profits, and product merchandising. Supervises and manages all team players, including implementing and enforcing company policies and procedures and driving a sales driven environment. Develops and fosters strong business partner relationships within Windsor and Asics.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Achieve business results through leading the team, managing the customer experience, ensuring sales plans are achieved.
- Must demonstrate strong product knowledge to effectively train and educate the rest of the team to meet goals.
- Responsible for recruiting staff to meet the availability needs of the business and retains talent that will contribute to the growth of the retail business/division. Develops team and formulates succession plans to maximize the opportunity for internal promotions.
- Manages controllable expenses to company guidelines and ensures overall profitability targets are met or exceeded.
- Ensures Loss Prevention policies and procedures are followed. Responsible for overseeing financial/sales audits and inventories to protect the store from internal and external shortages.
- Manages payroll and store scheduling within established guidelines to ensure proper coverage based on business needs.
- Supports and executes directives from Visual Merchandising, Operations and Marketing to ensure that information is properly communicated to the store team and that all deliverables are completed within specified deadlines.
- Communicates with Director of Retail regarding all team relations, day to day operations and matters. Partners with Human Resources and direct reports to set goals for personal skills development.
- Demonstrates high degree of professionalism in communication, attitude and teamwork with customers, peers and management.
- Demonstrates high level of quality work, attendance and appearance.
- Adheres to all Company Policies & Procedures and Safety Regulations.
- Adheres to local, state and federal laws.
- Additional responsibilities assigned by supervisor related to your position/department.
- Ability to work varied hours, nights, days and weekends to support the business needs.
- Directly manages all store team players.
- Provides coaching, direction, develops and empowers direct reports.
- Ensures work flow and processes are to maximum efficiencies for business necessity
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: The following are the minimum qualifications which an individual needs in order to successfully perform the duties and responsibilities of the position.
- Associate Development
- Business Acumen
- Client Focus
- Decision Making
- Honesty and Integrity
- Results Orientated
- Time Management
- 2 - 5 years retail management experience; a minimum of 2 years as Store Manager
- Sporting or athletic industry preferred
- College Degree Preferred or equivalent work experience
- Good computer skills: Microsoft Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint), and Lotus Notes
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: In general, the following physical demands are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to allow differently-abled individuals to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Standing, walking and squatting the majority of the work shift.
- Ability to climb ladders or stairs.
- Required to lift, move and carry up to 40 pounds.
- Ability to read, count and write to accurately complete all documentation and reports.
- Must be able to see, hear and speak in order to communicate with employees and other customers.
- Specific vision abilities include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Manual dexterity required using hands to finger; handle, feel and type; reach with hands and arms.
Moderate: Mostly standing, walking, bending, frequent lifting
WORK ENVIRONMENT: In general, the following conditions of the work environment are representative of those that an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to allow differently-abled individuals to perform the essential functions of the job within the environment.
- The work space is clean, orderly, properly lighted and ventilated with the proper safety compliance.
- Noise levels are considered moderate.