Official Rules for the ASICS / Cookies for Kid’s Cancer Sweepstakes
No Purchase Necessary. A Purchase will not Increase Your Chances of Winning.
1. Eligibility: The “ASICS / Cookies for Kid’s Cancer Sweepstakes” (the “Sweepstakes”) is open only to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and District of Columbia, eighteen (18) years of age or older. To participate in the Sweepstakes, the entrant must have Internet access and a Pinterest account. Becoming a Pinterest member is free. If you are not a Pinterest member, and would like to become one, visit www.pinterest.com. Employees of ASICS America Corporation and Cookies for Kid’s Cancer as well as the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings, and children) and household members of each such employee, are not eligible to enter. Void where prohibited.
2. Sponsor: The Sweepstakes is sponsored by ASICS America (“Sponsor”). The Sweepstakes is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Pinterest; you are providing your information to Sponsor and not to Pinterest.
3. Agreement to Official Rules: By entering the Sweepstakes, you indicate your full and unconditional agreement to, and acceptance of, (a) these Official Rules and (b) Sponsor’s decisions, which are final and binding. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein. There is a limit of one entry per person.
4. Entry Period: The Sweepstakes beings at 12:00:01 AM ET on Monday August 26, 2013 and ends at 11:59:59 PM ET on Monday September 1, 2013. Entries submitted before or after the Entry Period will not be eligible. Sponsor’s computer is the official time-keeping device for the Sweepstakes.
5. How to Enter: To enter: a. Follow @ASICS America and @Cookies For Kids Cancer on Pinterest b. Create your own Pinterest board titled, “I’m a GOLD Cookie.” c. Pin at least 15 images representing, Cookies for Kids Cancer, ASICS. Pediatric Cancer Awareness, and how you support these causes d. Tag #ASICS and #BeaGOLDCookie on each image you pin.
6. Drawing: On or about Tuesday September 10, 2013, Sponsor will select four (4) potential Grand Prize Winners in a random drawing of all entries received. The odds of being selected depend on the number of entries received.
7. Notification and Requirements of Potential Winners: Sponsor will attempt to notify potential winners within five (5) business days of the date of selection. Except where prohibited, a potential winner may be required to complete and return an affidavit of eligibility and liability/publicity release, and return within seven (7) days of written notification. If a potential winner is a minor, his/her parent or legal guardian will be required to sign the documents on his/her behalf. In the event: (a) potential winner(s) cannot be reached for whatever reason after a reasonable effort has been exerted based on the information stated in the Entry, (b) of noncompliance with the above or within any of the aforesaid time periods, (c) potential winner is found to be ineligible to enter the Sweepstakes or receive the prize, (d) potential winner cannot or does not comply with the Official Rules, (e) potential winner’s prize notification or Affidavit is returned as undeliverable for whatever reason, or (f) potential winner fails to fulfill the Affidavit-related obligations, the potential winner shall be disqualified from the Sweepstakes and an alternate entrant may be selected in his/her place in a random drawing of all remaining entries received. Only Ten (10) alternate entrants may be contacted. Winner selection is under the supervision of Sponsor, whose decisions are final and binding in all respects.
8. Prizes: APPROXIMATE RETAIL VALUE (“ARV”) OF ALL PRIZES AWARDED: $600 a. Grand Prize: Four (4) individuals will each win one (1) pair of ASICS Shoes. Winner will be allowed to select the style, color and size. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize (or component thereof) with another prize (or component thereof) of equal or greater value if the prize is not available for any reason, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Any prize that is won by a minor will be awarded to the minor’s parent or legal guardian. Any prize details that are not specified above will be determined by Sponsor, in its sole discretion. A prize may not be transferred and must be accepted as awarded. You may not request cash or a substitute prize. You are responsible for paying any income taxes on prizes. Approximate Retail Value of each prize awarded is $150.
10. General Conditions: In the event that the operation, security, or administration of the Sweepstakes is impaired in any way for any reason, including, but not limited to fraud, virus, or other technical problem, Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, either: (a) suspend the Sweepstakes to address the impairment and then resume the Sweepstakes in a manner that best conforms to the spirit of these Official Rules; or (b) award the prizes in a random drawing from among the eligible entries received up to the time of the impairment. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Failure by Sponsor to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. Proof of sending any communication to Sponsor by mail shall not be deemed proof of receipt of that communication by Sponsor. In the event of a dispute as to the identity of an entrant, the owner of the Facebook account used to enter will be deemed the entrant. The Sweepstakes is subject to federal, state, and local laws and regulations and is void where prohibited.
11. Release and Limitations of Liability: By participating in the Sweepstakes, you agree to release and hold harmless Sponsor, ASICS America Corporation, Cookies for Kids Cancer,, and Pinterest, Inc., and each of their respective officers, directors, employees, and agents (the “Released Parties”) from and against any claim or cause of action arising out of participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt or use of any prize, including, but not limited to: (a) unauthorized human intervention in the Sweepstakes; (b) technical errors related to computers, servers, providers, or telephone, or network lines; (c) printing errors; (d) lost, late, postage-due, misdirected, or undeliverable mail; (e) errors in the administration of the Sweepstakes or the processing of entries; or (f) injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt or use of any prize. You further agree that in any cause of action, the Released Parties’ liability will be limited to the cost of entering and participating in the Sweepstakes, and in no event shall the Released Parties be liable for attorney’s fees. You waive the right to claim any damages whatsoever, including, but not limited to, punitive, consequential, direct, or indirect damages.
12. Privacy and Publicity: Any information you submit as part of the Sweepstakes will be used for purposes of this Sweepstakes and treated in accordance with Sponsor’s Privacy Statement.
13. Disputes: You agree that any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of, or connected with, the Sweepstakes or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the appropriate court located in the State of California. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, your rights and obligations, or the rights and obligations of the Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of California, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of California or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of California
14. Results: To request a winners list, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to “ASICS / Cookies For Kid’s Cancer Sweepstakes”, ASICS America, 29 Parker Ave, Irvine, CA 92618. Requests must be received by Monday October 7, 2013.
15. Sponsor: The Sponsor of the Sweepstakes is: ASICS America Corporation, 29 Parker, Irvine, CA 92618.