ASICS’ ROSTER OF ELITE ATHLETES MAKES A BIG SPLASH IN SACRAMENTO WITH STANDOUT PERFORMANCES ACROSS THE BOARD
Sharon Day, Kara Patterson and Amanda Smock Place 1st in Their Events at U.S. Track and Field Championships in Sacramento, Calif., with Additional Strong Performances from Team ASICS Across the Board
Irvine, Calif. – June 30, 2014 – ASICS America is honored to support its exceptional roster of track and field athletes, congratulating Sharon Day, Kara Patterson, Amanda Smock, Lolo Jones and Becky Holliday for their standout performance at this year's U.S Track & Field Championships. Sharon Day, Kara Patterson and Amanda Smock finished on top placing 1st in their events, with additional exceptional performances from Lolo Jones and Becky Holliday.
This past weekend, the 2014 USATF Outdoor Championships compiled the nation's best track and field athletes in Northern California to compete, serving as the final stop of the 2014 Outdoor USATF Championship Series. The event was held at Sacramento State University's Hornet Stadium, which has been the site for several recent record-setting performances.
ASICS is thrilled to congratulate their athletes who competed in the Track and Field Championships this year. Standout performances included:
- Sharon Day hurdled, jumped and ran past her opponents finishing 1st place in the women’s heptathlon. Day also gained her 3rd National title in the women's heptathlon.
- Kara Patterson gained exciting momentum, throwing 62.43m distance, placing 1st in the women’s javelin, and her 5th National title in the women’s javelin.
- Amanda Smock hopped, stepped, and jumped her way to 1st place in the women’s triple jump. Smock landed her 3rd National title in the women's triple jump.
- Lolo Jones crossed the finish line in 3rd place in the women’s 100m hurdles.
- Becky Holliday jumped into 3rd place in the women’s pole vault.
ASICS also congratulates Heather Kampf, Ryan Martin, Johnny Gilbertson, Russ Winger and April Steiner Bennett for their performances at this year’s event.
"We're so proud to be represented by a group of talented, determined individuals at this year's competition," said Annie Adams, ASICS Athlete Manager. "It was exciting to witness such standout performances from our athletes throughout the championship. Their consistent hard work, dedication and a desire to succeed make them the perfect fit for our brand,and we look forward to cheering the team on for their competitions the remainder of the year."